When you are thinking of applying for an EB-5 visa, you would first need to learn about the different aspects of a particular visa.


If you want to live in the United States as a permanent resident and work there, you would need to obtain a green card. However, being a foreign citizen, you would first need to obtain a visa in order to enter into the country. Obtaining a visa may require some effort on your part. You would need to learn about the different categories of visas in order to figure out which particular visa you want to apply for.

If you are an investor looking to start a business in the US, you may opt for the EB-5 visas that are specifically designed keeping the investors in mind. This particular category of visa makes it possible for you and your family (spouse and child/children below the age of 21) to gain permanent residency in the United States. You may even be able to apply for citizenship after 5 years of being a permanent resident.

Once you obtain the green card, you will be able to run a business, take a job or retire and reside in the United States. Being a green card holder, you will be entitled to many rights that the citizens of the country are and in specific states, you may be allowed to have savings in property tax.

Like an US citizen, your children will have the right to go to any school and university of their choice and they won’t have to leave the country when they become 21 years old. After completing 5 years of being a permanent resident, every member in your family might apply for legal citizenship.

The term Regional Center refers to areas that are designated by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as areas that are eligible for the job creation projects. Some of the Regional Centers seem as if they have the Government’s approval, mainly because these areas are designated by the Government. However, you must know that not all of these areas are approved by the Government. These areas are designated for the main purpose of immigration. However, this does not guarantee that the project will be successful.

There are mainly three types of Regional Centers. Once you have decided to apply for the EB-5 visa, you will need to choose a Regional Center that-

• Will protect your investment
• Will have an established success record with the visa applications
• Will not keep your investment tied up for longer than required
• Will not see you as the source of easy money and will be focused on what you need as an immigrant

Before you can think about applying for this visa, you would need to learn about the costs that are associated such visa programs. You will need to pay a minimum amount of $500,000 as investment. Apart from that, you may also need to pay a regional center administration fee that may start from $25,000 and can go up to $60,000. There may be other fees and expenses involved. Make you sure you gather all the information before you apply for the visa.