• Spouse Visa

    Spouse Visa

    • Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1) – An immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 is required.


    • Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) – It is important to note that application for the nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place. After the visa process has been completed, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case. Two petitions are required:  Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130, and Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F.
  • Family Imigration

    Family Imigration

    A lawful permanent resident is a foreign national who has been granted the privilege of permanently living and working in the United States.

    If you want to become a lawful permanent resident based on the fact that you have a relative who is a citizen of the United States or is a lawful permanent resident, your relative in the United States will need to sponsor you and prove he/she has enough income or assets to support you, the intending immigrant(s) when in the United States.

  • Fiancé Visa

    Fiancé Visa

    Eligibility Requirements

    If you petition for a fiancé(e) visa, you must show that:

    • You (the petitioner) are a U.S. citizen.
    • You intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States.
    • You and your fiancé(e) are both free to marry and any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
    • You met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition. There are two exceptions that require a waiver:
      1. If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice.
      2. If you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you.
  • US Citizenship

    US Citizenship

    To become a citizen at birth, you must:

    • Have been born in the United States or certain territories or outlying possessions of the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States; OR
    • had a parent or parents who were citizens at the time of your birth (if you were born abroad) and meet other requirements

    To become a citizen after birth, you must:

    • Apply for “derived” or “acquired” citizenship through parents
    • Apply for naturalization
  • Immigration by Marriage

    Immigration by Marriage

    Validity of Marriage ​for Immigration Purposes​

    ​The applicant must establish validity of his or her marriage. ​In general,​ the legal validity of a marriage is determined by the law of the place where the marriage was celebrated​ (“place-of-celebration rule”)​. ​Under this rule, a​ marriage is valid for immigration purposes in cases where​ t​he marriage is valid under the law of the jurisdiction in which it is performed​.​ 

    In all cases, the burden is on the applicant to establish that he or she has a valid marriage with his or her U.S. citizen spouse for the required period of time.​ In most cases, a marriage certificate is prima facie evidence that the marriage was properly and legally performed.​

Immigration Law

Immigration Attorneys in Toledo

The Immigration Laws of the United States are complicated. Immigrants and those applying for immigration benefits do not have the same rights as United States Citizens. Let our network of immigration attorneys navigate the complicated Immigration Laws and Immigration Court processes to help you with your immigration needs.


I am a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, and I’m available to help you with the following immigration processes:

  • Family Based Immigration including Marriage Green Cards and petitions for family members outside the United States. The time is now, before Congress passes any Comprehensive Immigration Reform, to put your relatives in line to gain valuable Lawful Permanent Resident Status.
  • Investors do you want to start or buy a business in the United States? Or do want to invest in a business in the United States and obtain your Green Card. Our attorneys have obtained immigrant and non-immigrant investor visas from Canada, Germany, France, the Czech Republic, Romania, Philippines, Australia and Italy.
  • Extend Visitor Periods of Authorized Stay
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
  • J Visa Exchange Visitors
  • Naturalization applying for Citizenship is an important step. But there are often unknown pitfalls that can derail and stop a Citizenship Petition in its tracks. Contact us so that you do not run into problems along the way.
  • Non immigrant – employment visas: does your company need to bring in workers from overseas? We can help to bring in professionals, temporary workers, and workers working for affiliated companies overseas.
  • Waivers of Inadmissibility: there are certain problems in marriage and family cases that can be solved by obtaining a waiver of inadmissibility. Our attorneys have successfully won waivers, both inside and outside the United States and have kept families together.
  • Replace a Lost Green Card
  • PERM Employment Immigrant Petitions

I have successfully completed nearly every conceivable immigration case, from Citizenship Applications to Marriage Green Cards, to Non-Immigrant Investors and Intra-Company Transferees. They have also successfully defended clients in Immigration Court, winning Asylum and Cancellation of Removal cases.

William G Meyer Immigration Law,

We’re here to provide our clients with the highest level of expertise in all legal representation of immigration related concerns, by providing an unwavering commitment to our clients from the beginning and up to the successful completion of each and every case.

We strive to be a leading practitioner of immigration law in the State of Ohio.

Over 30 years of experience!